Friday, March 6, 2009

Orion

First, I'd like to start off by saying, thank you for all of the encouragement and compliments. I knew that this was a good idea. After I posted yesterday, I felt very wound up and I had a dozen more posts whirling in my head. When I get that excited about something, I know that I have made a good decision.

Another thing about my life that is very exciting is my little 9-day-old nephew named, Orion ... "Ori". I can't express to you how cute he is ... and soft ... and cuddly .... and HANDSOME! He is a blessing that has come into my life at a perfect time. There have been quite a few days this year that I contemplated just staying in bed all day. If you completely fall apart someone will take care of you right?

Well, those thoughts were running through my head. 2009 has been pretty crappy. My husband left me in mid-January. Yes, he did, and the whole thing has really kicked my butt. On top of that, my RA has been pretty out-of-control as I explained in my last post. I have been having a hard time concentrating on school, and I had to drop a few classes, because I just didn't have it in me. I was. ... well maybe I still am to a certain extent completely overwhelmed ...defeated for once. The physical pain and heartache were too much.

Something inside of me wouldn't let me give up completely. I kept thinking about my "very" pregnant sister, Cassie, and how she needed my help, and how I wanted to help her and be there for her. I needed to pull myself together for her. I can't be a wreck when the family needed to focus all their energy on my sister. I was needed, and I was excited about a new little nephew to love. And then came Ori. Thank You, Ori, for allowing me to smile again and feel love and just be so happy that I giggle for no reason. Maybe when you are older, you can read this and realize how much you helped your Aunt get out of bed everyday. I love you.

Ok, that's enough sappiness for one post .... so black beans are nasty without salt. I made this huge pot of them yesterday and put about a dozen spices in them, 4 cloves of garlic, and a cooking onion. And they are still bland bland bland. eghhhhh. I am off to Whole Foods today to try and find some hot sauce without any additives. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Ori! Aw! I cannot wait to see him!

    I like to put hot pepper flakes in olive oil. You can combine them in a drizzler (i dont know if that is the official name for the bottle, but hopefully you know what i mean.) and let them sit. Then, you have hot pepper oil which can act as hot sauce!

    Good luck with cooking. I'm sure KaKa could give you tons of vegan cooking advice! =)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of your constraints in the previous post was no vinegar, so you might have a hard time finding a hot sauce. I put chipotle peppers (or habs) in my black beans. Canned in adobo probably have vinegar (and salt?), but our latino markets have dried peppers that you could grind up.

    ReplyDelete