Sunday, March 15, 2009

Are you hanging out for the after party?

After party, that sounds so Puff Daddy or P diddy or whatever he calls himself these days. "No, I will be not hangin out later, pretty sure I will be barely able to make it 'till twelve."

There was a time in my life where I was the party. I was wound up, the promoter and buyer of shots. I am smiling as I think of all the crazy times that I have had with my friends .... family. "So, who wants to do a round of red deaths?" Hmmmmmmm ........ I love vodka the best and just about anything that you can make with vodka .... minus grapefruit juice. Oh, and I love hoppy beer ... the hoppier the better. I love red wine .... I love Disaranno Amaretto .... I think that you get the point. Social drinking was a pretty fun past time for me .... staying up late ...... dancing ..... listening to live music. Now, I try to avoid drinking .... my liver is having a hard enough time with my meds.



One time ....



There are so many to choose from ..... how about the time that me and a friend were kicked out of a bar for being so drunk we kept falling down on the dance floor ... in the dance floor sludge. We had to stand in the pouring rain until we found the people that we came with .... this was before cell phones, so kinda tricky. That was so cool and funny! I don't mean to sound like a prude, cause that would be dishonest ..... I crack up all the time thinking of drinking stories and most of the time when my family members or friends get a buzz .... they crack me up.

Except for one night when I was hanging out with friends and one of them said to me, "You used to be so much fun."

"Oh really? THANKS!!! Guess what drunkie? I can still hang out with my friends, and listen to live music and have fun and entertain and be entertained, and dance, and go to shows and flirt ..... I just don't drink anymore. That doesn't make me less fun. Sorry, I am not sloppy and have bad beer breath. You are really so much fun that way!"



And to be honest, I am still pretty wound up, cracking jokes, talking smack .... I just don't have a hangover the next day, and I don't have to worry about the drive home. In closing A video from Cake:

No comments:

Post a Comment